Articles

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gotta love Fall!

We fired off our woodstove last night for the first time this season. I swear, there is NOTHING better than a cold evening curled up next to a blazing fire.

In another note, I'm down 72lbs as of last Tuesday. That is hard to believe. I'm damn close to losing my first 100lbs and I think I would be more excited if that seemed more real. Right now it seems more like a concept or a phrase someone says. It's hard to believe that I ACTUALLY will have lost that much. Even now it's hard to believe I've lost 2 large bags of dog food (I like to put my weight loss into real life conceptual comparisons). Granted the entire 72lb didn't happen after surgery (42 since surgery, 30 pre surgery) but still!

And I don't feel deprived at all. I eat eggs and bacon for breakfast if I feel like it. Or yogurt. Or some goat cheese with all-bran crackers. Lunches lately have been caprese-esque with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and a generous spoonful of pesto. Dinner: amazing roasted pork, sometimes plain and sometimes with a little enchilada sauce and cheese melted on top. This surgery ROCKS!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! Congrats on your weight loss. :) I can't wait to eat real food. I have had some stuff like scrambled egg & cheese, tomato soup, mashed potato, and refried beans. It takes me so long to eat them I have to reheat them.

    Anyway, glad to see that you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete